Ohio Stadium Rules
We ask you to be mindful and respectful of other guests and those around you.
The Ohio Stadium management cares about the safety of each fan and they would like to ensure that everyone enjoys a good time at their event. Thus, they have implemented some general rules for attendees to follow.
Offenders found to be breaking these rules may be extradited and be reported to law enforcement. Please do follow the rules closely to avoid being spoiling your own day.
- Gates open two hours prior to kickoff
- No smoking in the venue other than the designated smoking area
- All material items and guests entering Ohio Stadium are subject to security screening and inspection
- Patrons with a valid ID will only be able to purchase ONE beer per person across the stadium and needs to be above the legal age of the state
- Tailgating is allowed at Little Bar, Eddie George Grill, parking lots west of SR-315, permit lots, and RV lots. Guests who are interested in setting up tents or inflatables and grilling at their tailgate should strictly follow to the OSU Emergency Management and Fire Prevention policies that can be found on the official site
- Resale of tickets in or around Ohio Stadium without the permission of The Ohio State University Department of Athletics is prohibited.
- Umbrellas are not permitted to be open during the game
- Seeking autographs on footballs, helmets, and jerseys are prohibited in areas near Gate 32 (where football players depart Ohio Stadium) after the football game. Seeking autographs on ANY items are prohibited on the property (and surrounding parking lots) of the Fawcett Center and the Woody Hayes Athletic Center are also prohibited
- A free cup of water may be requested at any permanent concession stand on game day
- Animals (except assistive animals for guests with disabilities)
- Audio recording equipment of any kind regardless of quality
- Bags or purses of any size
- Wallets and wristlets no larger than 5”x8”x1” are permitted and only one bag per guest is allowed. Guests with bags are required to enter through the Band Center entrance between Gates 10 and 12 or the Press Entrance between the Huntington Club and Gate 23.
- Banners and Signs
- Cameras with lenses greater than 100mm. Monopods, Dual Pods, and Tripods are prohibited too
- Chairs with back supports (unless accompanied with a doctor’s note or unless those provided through Ohio State) or any other chairs including folding chair
- Clothing with profane, inappropriate or abusive language
- Containers (eg.: hard-sided coolers, soft pack coolers, ice chests, picnic baskets, cans, heavy plastic or glass bottles, thermoses)
- Confetti, streamers, glitter, balloons
- Illegal Drugs
- Laser pointers
- Markers (permanent) and/or paint
- Noisemaking devices (eg.: to whistles, air horns, bull horns, blow horns, musical instruments, kazoos, bugles, cow bells, thunder sticks, sirens, and boom boxes)
- Sticks or Poles
- Sports equipment (eg.: balls, beach balls, footballs, baseballs, lacrosse balls, segways or other motorized scooters, skateboards, and roller blades)
- Video recording equipment regardless of the quality of filming
- Any kind of weapons
- Wrapped gifts or items
- Throwing objects of any kind
- Demonstrating unruly or hostile behavior
- Attempting to enter the field of play at any time without permission
- Endangerment of the safety of student-athletes, coaches, officials or other guests
- Attempting to climb the goal posts
- Removing Ohio Stadium turf
- Taunting event staff
- Visiting teams and/or public safety officials
Kindly refer to the official site of Ohio Stadium for the full list of prohibited items and rules. As mentioned previously, there will be consequences for offenders. The Ohio University reserves the right to proceed with the charge or not.
Everyone needs a ticket for entry for football games based on the Big Ten policy. If you would like to bring your children (under the age of 2) to a football game, you may purchase a lap ticket. The price of the lap ticket is at $10 for your infant but your child must sit on your lap. Otherwise, if a seat needs to be occupied, a regular ticket is required. For your information, lap tickets are only available on game/event day and can be purchased at the ticket office located at Gate 5 near the NW corner of Ohio Stadium.